Do you think that religion can cause people to be more worried about the afterlife than with being a better person today?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/96238/

logansmomma2007

Asked by logansmomma2007 at 12:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They go hand in hand- yes we need to live on earth but not forget where are( Christians) real home is!
    Anonymous

• Yes, I see that a lot.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes.
    nobakecheezcake

Answer by nobakecheezcake at 1:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well, since what we are doing today is directly building the afterlife we will experience, it wouldn't be sensible to do that.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am interested to see how many Christians believe this. Really I think it makes me live each and every day to the fullest knowing I am only here temporality.

sorry, it is hard to actually take a serious note on the reality of things from those who don't believe in the afterlife.
    Anonymous

• Anon 1:18, I think you are totally missing the point.
    logansmomma2007

Answer by logansmomma2007 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yup
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Some people yes, for me no.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I know where I am going when I die (according to my beliefs). And, I don't think my actions are going to send me anywhere else. So, I don't worry about what happens when I die, since I know what's going to happen anyway. I choose to do the things I do because I want to. There isn't some book telling me how to live so I can get someplace when I die. I CHOOSE to not go out and castrate all the child molestors in the world (which is what i feel should happen to them) because A. I don't feel like going to prison B. It's not my place to punish them. They'll get there's. See how that works?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i think it can..for some who miss the point of religion..which is to live a good life to attain a better hereafter.

islam's teaches that you must be a good person in this world to have a better afterlife. And the two are not exclusive. Hence the emphasis on prayer, good deeds, paying zakat, fasting, making hajj. abstaining from sin, repentance and seeking forgiveness. It is concern for the hereafter that should keep people in tip top shape here in this world. ..take from your life today for your hereafter tomorrow.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009