nap time fights

i need some moral support. i am trying to get my son to take a nap, i have been trying for about an hour and a half and have resorted to the ferber system....it is killing me

logansmommy711

Asked by logansmommy711 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take deep breaths and think of how nice it'll be this evening, when he's well rested and happy. its hard to listen to him cry, but he'll sleep all the better for it.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'll support ya! I have had my share of nap fights..lol! Ferber, is that like crying it out? That's what I HAD to do with my son! No matter what people said - I swear I tried everything!!!!!!!! it is hard, but they have to learn to self sooth!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• no nap time means a better night.hes gonna be knocked out cold lol.just dont let him fall asleep to early.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• yeah the ferber is like crying it out. I lay him down and leave for five minutes, then go in and kiss him and lay him down again and leave for about 7 minutes, then go in kiss him lay him down and leave again....it is really hard for me to hear him cry, I feel like the worst mommy ever
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My daughter use to be like that. If you are a SAHM, start a routine to help with the transition. My daughter knows that when Sid the Science kid is on, she eats her lunch, and when it is over it is nap time. Then I sing, Nap time, Nap time, It is time for Nap time. She usually cries right there on the floor, but once I put her in the crib, she is fine. Oh and I usually leave a soft book and a few stuffed animals in there with her. She plays with them until she is tired. BTW, she is 19 months old
    jennjune1984

Answer by jennjune1984 at 1:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well thank you to all the moms that helped me. My son finally fell asleep.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009