How do I know if I passed a kidney stone?

I just found out I have a kidney stone. The pain luckily has gone away since yesterday. Does that mean it's passed? Or will I feel it when I pee it out? Thanks!

WldHrts

Asked by WldHrts at 1:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• You will feel it when you pass it, most Dr will give you a strainer to pee in so you will see it, the pain is usually pretty bad when you pass it if you can pass it, just keep monitoring yourself. The stone might be in a larger area right now as it is moving.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• oh youll know and have no doubts. Have you had a baby? Think right around there. It sucks bad.
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 1:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Oh you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt when it passes.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• trust me you'll know when it passes...my mom had 3 kids, 1 tattoo, and 2 kidney stones...she swears the stones hurt the worst!!!!
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 5:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Since this morning all I've had is a lot of pressure in the area and the feeling like I've got to pee all the time. I've seen a couple of black specks at the bottom of the toilet when I pee, but they look to small to be 5mm. I'm just hoping I'll have some warning so I can take some pain reliever before they pass.
    WldHrts

Answer by WldHrts at 5:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009