I'm 22 weeks pregnant and very scared I had ultrasound 2 weeks ago and the docter told me my baby has a choroid plexus cyst.

I went to the dr yesterday for another ultrasound the doctor said my baby girl looks perfect that usually it goes away in the 3rd trimester. I also have a 2 vessel cord I have to go to the dr every 2 weeks so they can make sure she is growing I have been really worried anyone every had this during pregnancy please any imput would help thanks ladies

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I personally haven't experienced this, but in my experience doctors don't tend to be hopeful in not to great situations. I've heard about doctors being very unsupportive and down right crewel about things that look pretty glum, so I would say that if your doctor sounds up beat and says things are great, than I would assume things are great! good luck mama!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I don't want to scare and that is not my intentions. With my first pregnancy my son had choroid plexus cyst. The cyst had to be over a certain cm size to be really concerned and they usually do go away in the third trimester. They wanted me to have an amnio and I refused because they can cause a miscarriage. They had me scared. Told me he could possibly have Trisomy 18 and die before birth or shortly after or have DS. It didn't matter to me I was going to keep going with my pregnancy and seven years later he is a healthy first grader. I don't know anything about the second vessel cord. If you ever want to just talk feel free to leave me a message. I have a feeling everything will be fine with your baby.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009