Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who do you talk to when you find a child who's run away when you know they take off again if you let it be known that your try to send them home?

i know of this run away but who do i contact she is goin by a false name and age saying she's 18 and she is in fact 15 any help?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (10)
  • Maybe there is a good reason she doesn't want to go home...maybe find help for her instead of sending her back.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • The police..CPS.

    Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • find out her real name n where she lives n call her sure u would want some1 to contact u asap if ur daughter ran away.i noe i would.try talking to her dont tell her your gonna call her parents just be like look i noe ur not 18 and i noe its not ur real name be honest with me.say im not gonna call ur parents to come get you n let her noe that you can get arrested for just letting her stay there.

    Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • Agree with the 2nd poster.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • I think I'd call CPS first, and I wouldn't say much to her. You don't want to scare her off, she clearly has no problem running off. Try and get her to trust you, and when you are ready to confront her, make sure its to help her.

    Good luck, and God Bless you for taking care of this child.

    Answer by mommyaunt412 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • I would try and find out what the reasons really are for her running away before calling. Maybe she is looking for help but can't find it through the legal system.

    Answer by squish at 2:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • if u want to set her straight go to the police
    but if ur one of those parents who dont like doing that u can go to a psy or something

    Answer by lanlan at 6:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • The police, CPS will take too long to investigate. Go right to the police and report her. Let them deal with her.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • If you report her she won't trust you and next time she runs it won't be where you know where she is and she might get mixed in a wrong crowd so you don't want that right now. you need to get her trust right now which she will later tell you and why she ran cuase really maybe her parents are to busy with drinking or boyfriends maybe they abuse her. just treat her like your child so she can tell you want is wrong in her life and then just tell her to call her mom once a week to let her know that her child is ok cause us moms do worry even if are hubbys are A-holes. then work from there it will prolly take a month but hey at least you know that you tried to put a girl on the right track.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • I would sit with her and figure out why she is running away - there is a reason and if she can trust you in helping her then she will.. she is crying out for help from someone - at this point it is you, maybe allow her to stay with you for a month - but in the matter of a week she has to tell you why she is running away and agree to get help - regardless of what the problem is and who may get into legal trouble... if she is a friend of your daughters/sons then help them out - maybe your child can help with the situation.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.