• In the Spotlight:

Have you had an abortion and regreted it?

What would you say to someone thinking about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would give them more choices as in information on places to go for help from pro life people.People that could give them resources on adoption and other help if they decided to keep their baby.I would also sugesst to them to get a sonogram and actually look at it first.Links to slideshows of the development of a baby in the womb week by week.I would tell them my story of how I almost aborted my oldest son and last but not least.....pray for them.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, I am christian and try not to think about it. It is so sad. I only had one child after that. To be honest in some ways it makes it even sadder knowing what a beautiful child I have, and could have had. He is special in every way. I am so proud of him! There is no way to undo it. I am sure lost of others feel the same as me though.
    Anonymous

• As long as I live, I will always regret it and I can never forget it. It is so sad!
    Anonymous

• I have. When I was 23 I was dating Jason, he was a Purdue student. We dated for about 6 months and after his summer job was done he went back to college. I found out that I was pregnant a few days after he broke up with me to go back to his ex girlfriend.
    I had one child already and Jason made it clear that he was useless and said he would pay for the aborttion. My best friend drove me 3 hours to the clinic. Jason paid the clinic and never showed up in person, as he was supposed to meet me there.
    It has been almost 13 years since I had the abortion. I wish now that I would have kept the baby. My parents were very against it at the time, but I simply did not want to raise two children on my own. I was not only thinking of myself but of the child that I had already, I did not want to take away from him. Do I regret it? You damn right I do. After the abortion I had female problems and ended up having a complete hystorectomy.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• God bless you ron
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would say to you that God chooses a special child for each of us. That child is entrusted to us and he watches over us to see if we are fulfilling his plan for us. Just as he has a plan for our life, he has a plan for our motherhood. It's funny but in parenting we also learn about ourselves and grow. Without that growth our life is empty and often extremely painful. Maybe not at first, but later on you'll feel a void that cannot be filled. If I had it to do over again, I would have accepted what God intended only for me. My life would have turned out better. Instead I went off on the right path and it took a long time to get back on the right one. I will pray for you, and lucky for me (and you), he does answer my prayers!
    Anonymous

• I had one when I was 16 years old. I do not regret it, nor do I feel guilty about it.
    Anonymous

• Amen anon God can fill any void.I found that out years ago on the day I got on my knees confessed my sins,begged for forgiveness,and asked Jesus into my heart and life.The warmth I felt was beyond any understanding.JESUS LIVES and JESUS SAVES!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, tn, you are right. It was horrible for me after the abortion, not because I initially regretted but the empty life I led. I could not find anything worthwhile to fill it afterwards. I did not feel guilt at first, I think I did so many things to forget about it. Even sadder is the fact that I ultimately had a child but by that time I felt so desparate about becoming a mom, I settled for a man that was only pretending he wanted marriage and a baby. My time clock was running out and I was in my late 30s. What followed afterwards was a short marriage and horrible custody situation. He tried to take my child from me to avoid child support. Yes, after having an abortion, I had to fight for the right to be a mom! This went on for years. I learned that this child meant more to me than anything and I won my battle after God helped me. I learned the value of a life of a child and it brought me joy... God bless all who read this...
    Anonymous

• Yes I have. I would give them as much information about it as possible, all the things they dont tell you then. I would also encourage them to seek outside help, crisis pregnancy centers, etc. There is always a way to avoid killing your baby. I would also tell them my story, let them know first hand the things that you go through long after the procedure is over.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009