When did your breastfed baby go longer than eating every 2 hrs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I remember correctly she dropped some night feedings at about 6 weeks. Daytime she went longer around 4 months.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It seems like mine didn't really go much longer than that...ever! =) At night mine was sleeping 6 hours at 6 weeks and 11-12 by 8 weeks but during the day - she ate every couple of hours. Even when I put her on solids, she was eating something every couple hours or so.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have an 8.5-month old who STILL eats that often during the day. He also eats 3 meals of solids.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 2:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My 9 month old still eats on average every 2 hours during the day, but she did longer night stretches from the beginning (one 4 hour stretch at the beginning of the night at first, then 5 hour, then 6 hours) -- but the subsequent feedings have always been very close together). Some babies need to eat more often -- so even if you have friends whose babies could do every 3-4 hours from a young age, doesn't mean your baby ever will ( I was disappointed to learn! lol)

EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• About 6 months.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My son was eating every 2 hours and when i went to the doctor for my 1st month visit he suggested that for my own sanity i try to move his schedule to every 3 hours. It is easy. He said the first day make baby wait 5 min longer to eat each feeding. and than day 2 wait 10 min/ day 3 wait 15 min...so on and so on. It was fairly easy. not too much crying. if the baby is screaming so bad and you can't take it feed him, but for the rest of the feedings do the waiting time. my son got to 2 hours 40 minutes with this plan and the next day he just went to 3 hours no problem. It is so much easier. I definitely suggest talking to your doctor to make sure there isn't a medical reason your baby needs to be on a 2 hour schedule. If your baby is healthy there shouldn't be a problem. my son is on a 7am-10-1pm-4-7-10pm schedule and it is awesome. best of luck to you.
    Crystal2009

Answer by Crystal2009 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• forgot to say my boy is 2 months old now, so there is no reason to wait. people who are told a breastfed baby needs food every 2 hours is sadly ill informed, i believe. my baby is healthy. but also it is true that all babies are different. so i really hope this works for you.
    Crystal2009

Answer by Crystal2009 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009