Any good post partum weight loss tips?

I can't seem to lose any weight from my 3 month old daughter. It seemed a lot easier with my son? I'm only 25, I only drink water and milk. I go on walks. I try to watch what I eat, buy organic goodies, I'm nursing too. Anyone have any good tips? Please no rude comments. I'm starting to get upset about not losing weight.

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 1:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• could be hormones or lack of sleep or stress?? Don't skip meals. What's worked for me so far is doing pilates on a regular basis, taking my supplements regularly and when I'm playing with my baby (2month old) I play like we're exercising together. Like when he's laying on the floor I do leg lifts while i'm talking to him. GL =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Do meat, fruits and veggies if you are tired I would get some melatonin start at .25 then go up usually you can get it your health food stores and keep you carbs low. Try to eat every 2 hours and have fun doing excercise with your little one I know there are some baby and me home video excercises.
    Blessed53131

Answer by Blessed53131 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Definitely cut out the milk. no one needs it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Harvard School of Public Health, on the Consumption of Dairy Products (2005):
    “The recommendation to drink three glasses of low-fat milk or eat three servings of other dairy products per day to prevent osteoporosis is another step in the wrong direction. … Three glasses of low-fat milk add more than 300 calories a day. This is a real issue for the millions of Americans who are trying to control their weight. What's more, millions of Americans are lactose intolerant, and even small amounts of milk or dairy products give them stomachaches, gas, or other problems. cont. reading here: www.milksucks.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2009