Birth control stoppage and no period!

I was wondering if any one has had a similar experience (I have went to the doctor and he wants me to wait another 2 weeks before he does anything!)

Three months ago I was on Yaz birth control and the doctor switched me to Loestrin because of mood swings and other stuff. Well stupid me decided to switch mid pack to get rid of the side effect. Well I stopped Loestrin last month because hubby decided to wanted to have another kid. So I haven't had a period in a month and a half, blood test shows no pregnancy, and I have severe cramping for 3 weeks.

So my doctor says that my body is just trying to re-regulate itself and doesn't want to give me the pill to force my period. So, my question is, how long does it usually take to get a period. I am still cramping and feelin like it is going to start, yet it never does!

Thanks ladies!

jennjune1984

Asked by jennjune1984 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• Hey I had close to the same thing switching from ortho tri lo to nuvea ring. All birth cntrols are different in atleast one way or another even the slightest difference in horomones can throw you off especially if its been steady with one kind for a while. I didnt have one for 6 weeks then I droped all methoids an got pregnant with trenton after 3 months. You probly are reacting like if you skip your sugar pills and just not going to skip a cycle. a lot of people do that to avoid having one.
    MommySanford

Answer by MommySanford at 4:26 AM on Jun. 13, 2009