To women whose Husband's have had a vasectomy...

My Husband and I think it's our best option. Do you recommend it? Do either of you regret it all? Has there been any change in your sex life? Some lady told me that they lose their sex drive after, is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• I do recommend it and we have no regrets. I don't think it's true that they loose their sex drive. My dh had his done 4 years ago and nothing has changed except we don't have to worry about b/c.
    Just make sure he follows all the directions afterwards and gets his sperm count checked after he's "cleaned the pipes" the recommended number of times. Dh only had to take one day off work too. He went in on a Friday and was back to work on a Monday. He has a pretty physical job and was able to work. He was sore for about a week though. GL!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my husband had a vas,10 yrs ago.believe me it didnt change a thing(i wish it did)lol.he was only in pain for a day then he was fine.the only thing i can tell you is for him to go back and get the follow up check up.thats when woman get pregnant.it took my husband 6 months after the procedure for the sperm count to lower/some woman think as soon as they get it done it takes.thats not the case.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• DH had one 1.5 years ago. No regrets, it was so much easier than he thought it would be. I totally recommend it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I know someone that had the procedure done. When his wife got pregnant, he thought that she was cheating on him. He finally went back to the Dr. and found out that he wasn't shooting blanks. He wasn't told that he needed to go back for testing, either that, or he doesn't remember being to told to go back in.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My had his 5 years ago and it was the best $15.00 we ever spent! The only change in our sex life is
    now it is when ever and where ever! I agree, make sure he follows the directions and the key is an
    ice pack the first 24 hours. Had is done on a Thurs. afternoon and back to work on Monday.
    He even said after all was said and done, it was no big deal.
    Go for it and enjoy!!
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009