Do you think maybe.....

all the gods are watching what is going on in the world and how we treat each other and laughing? I know not everyone believes in all gods (or any god, for that matter), but this is a kind of "for fun" question. Kinda like the scene in Little Nicky with Adam Sandler when he is in Heaven with his mom. It is not meant to be serious. I can imagine them all sitting there laughing their butts off at some of the things that happen to me (i.e. me falling flat on my butt on ice) and some of the things my kids say and do.
So, what do you think?
-Ashley

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• P.S. And I don't mean the bad stuff. I mean the stuff that you laugh about when you think about it. I don't mean they are up there laughing that a child gets molested or someone gets murdered or raped. Not that kinda thing. I guess it's more of a do you think the different gods have a sense of humor question then anything.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I believe in God, just one God and Jesus. But I absolutely think He is up there laughing! God has a great sense of humor!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If there were a god/gods, I really don't think they'd care what we're doing. It would be comparable to us caring what ants are doing.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Hey, I watch ants. They can be pretty silly. And I really didn't mean to post this anon. Don't even really know how that happened.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would like to think so, but I don't know, if I could view the whole world the way God does and see all the hurt and hate, I would not think there would be much to laugh at. I am not trying to rain on your parade, but this world causes me to have a heavy heart. It saddens me to know that with all the resources and money that some people have that we still have starving, homeless people in this world, and all the animals that are abused and homeless, it just makes no sense to me.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think God gets a HUGE kick out of us all the time. It's like watching your toddler explore a roly-poly for the first time, or seeing your five year old try to tap dance to Metallica (weird kid, I know, LOL). I think he watches us and laughs all the time.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am glad you clarified that, LOL. Because I was thinking about your question and I got sick. : )

You mean like laughing when we accidentally toot in public?

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I believe in one God, but yeah, I think he does enjoy us greatly and He has a sense of humor : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• God has a sense of humour, He created it. Some have a gift of making people laugh. Not all use it properly though like on the Letterman Show where one guest jokes about raping 14 yr old girls. That was not something they will laugh about. But when a child says something funny then yes.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Of course God has a sense of humor!!
    Look at the platypus, the giraffe, the hedgehog . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009