HOW DO I GET MY SOON TO BE HUSBAND MORE INTO MY PREGNANTCY?

HE SEEMS TO BE PRETTY DISTANCE FROM MY PREGNANTCY. I AM 30WEEKS AND HE SEEMS TO TRIP ABOUT TOUCHING MY BELLY. HE WONT DO IT. HE'LL TOUCH ME WHERE EVER ELSE EXCEPT THERE! WHATS HIS PROBLEM?? IT MAKES ME CRY.LOL..IM SERIOUS! MY TEARS BE FALLING OVER THAT. WHAT CAN I DO. HE DOESNT SEEM TO BE INTO IT AT ALL.

young_wonders

Asked by young_wonders at 1:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Men just treat it differently. It's like they don't even realize there really is a baby til the baby is born! My hubby wouldn't touch my belly unless I asked him too when my daughter was kicking. And he wanted to wait til the last minute to get her room ready which made me so mad. But let me tell you, when she was born, then it hit him he was a Dad! We become mothers when we are pregnant but fathers become fathers when the baby is born.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• cdecker is right. Unfortunately, you can't make him be into your pregnancy. You have the privilege of feeling that baby from the moment he/she starts moving. He's not experiencing it in the same way you are. He'll be ready for his child when he/she gets here. It's tough feeling like you are the only one excited about having a baby. He's probably excited about it too just in his own quiet way.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my boyfriend does the same thing, but for him he said he doesnt want to hurt the baby, he doesnt like it when I touch my belly, maybe he is just nervous and does not want to hurt his unborn baby. GL
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My DH had a hard time touching my stomach too. He said he was very nervous about hurting the baby since he is so much stronger.. and also I think it kind of freaked him out when he felt him kick. It was as if he thought the baby kicking was in protest to him touching him! Men are strange and there is no pushing them! Just wait till after the baby is born and see how he reacts.. you might be surprised at how it hits him then!
    Anonymous