Do you really think that inducing makes the delivery faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think induction guarantees a fast labor and delivery. They say pitocin causes harder contractions but that doesn't necessarily mean they are more productive contractions. It all depends on the person. Some people naturally have fast deliveries, some people naturally have slow deliveries. I've had three kids and they were 14.5 hours, 6 hours and 8 hours in that order and all were induced with no c-section.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It usually doesn't. It usually leads to c-section.
    Anonymous

• HELL NO!!!!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I was in labor for 25 hours when I was induced. So absolutely not.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think so with my first one I had a normal delivery and with my second one I was induced. My second one was "faster" I went to the hospital at 12am and my son was delivered at 2 am
    Anonymous

• NO!! I was induced && still ended up being in labor for 27 1/2 hrs.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think it depends on the person and the pregnancy! i was induced with both of mine, and both were very fast...so was all my sisters. but others say they dont think so, so i think it depends on each indiviual case
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• With my son, he is my first and only right now, I started pushing after 6 hours an had him 2 hours later. :) But I was also 4 cm dialated and fully effaced when I got induced
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry I meant to say 10pm not 12am
    Anonymous

• No way!! I was induced and my labor was 37 hours. If your body (and baby) aren't ready to do it on their own (which is why you're induced) it's going to take longer.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009