At what age did your breast fed baby sleep through the night?

My daughter is 15 weeks old. I'm exclusively breast feeding, and I would like her to sleep through the night. At what age did your baby sleep through the night? Any good tips?

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 2:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is 12 weeks and recently started sleeping 7 hours a night! It's been great.
    Before that when she would get up at night I would nurse her laying down in my bed, then when she was done put her back in her crib. The crib is in our room of course. Then about a week ago she stopped waking to eat. We will have her down in her crib by 10 pm and she will usually wake at 4 or 5 to eat.
    Good luck!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• She was sleeping from about 8pm until about 5 or 6 (and the usually going back to bed for 2-3 hours after that) by about 5-6 months. Now she's up at 6am for good. Grr. My first one was like that, too. But she's sleeping for 10 hours, definitely counts as sleeping through the night! The only tip I have is to start with the first feeding of the night and give her a little time to see if she'll go back to sleep on her own. My girls got to sleeping through by stretching the first sleep stretch longer and longer each month, eliminating one feeding at a time. I've heard of those babies who do the "PRESTO" -- I'm all the sudden sleeping straight through -- but mine sure weren't like that. It takes time. 15 weeks is still very young... but you should be definitely able to get a good first stretch -- like 5-6 hours -- at this point.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• She slept straight thru from the first day she was born. We actually had to wake her up! I was very blessed with my first one. I really hope this next baby of mine is just as good.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Ariane needed me every 2 hours till she was about 6 or 7 months old. Clio slept through the night at 1 month old. Ariane didn't mind nursing in my bed; Clio didn't like it, she preferred nursing on the couch.
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 2:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009