what are some easy ways to induce labor at home at 37 weeks?

i am 37 weeks pregnant and i have not dialated any and would love to have my little girl out as soon as possible. can anyone give me some tips on how to get her to come out on her own at home without the doctors help.

kayleesmommy2be

Asked by kayleesmommy2be at 2:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have sex....the sperm thins out the wall of the sack when the baby kicks or scratches at the sack you can go into labor...thats what happened with my first one...its safe but make sure you take it easy nothing hard!! good luck
    Anonymous

• have sex. walk a lot. eat pasta.
    lol
    thats the advice that was given to me. didnt work, but i had tons of fun doing it all!
    good luck, hunny!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 2:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• SEX! That helped me. I had sex one night before a full moon when I was 37 weeks pregnant, and my water broke the next morning. It worked with my son, not with my daughter. The truth is there is something in semen that can induce labor. Hope this helps.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• walk and have sex but you still have 3 weeks to go she will come when she is ready! most likely
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm 37 weeks too. I've tried the tea, the nipples, the sex, all of it. If I find one I'll let you know, but you have to let me know if you find one!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• WHY!? Do you realize how selfish this is? Do you know that your baby will come out when ready? As a mom who had a preterm baby I know EVERY moment counts! Just deal with it.
    Anonymous

• It just isn't smart to be trying to force a baby out before he/she is full-term. Babies always come when the conditions are right for THEM!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• 37 weeks is too early. Be patient mama - it's almost over. My baby was delivered a little early due to complications and her lungs weren't developed. She had so many tubes and pokes...I still feel guilty and wish she could've stayed in there just a few days longer. It's just not worth it.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Why not wait for the baby to come on its own? That way you know for sure that the baby is ready instead of forcing the baby out early?
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Trust me, you don't want her out that early. The earlier they come out, the less developed and more hysterical they'll be. You don't want a crazy, crying, underweight baby. It's best to let her come when she will.
    Anonymous