At what age did you put your baby in his/her nursery?

My daughter is 15 weeks old. I would like to put her in her nursery, but I'm also kind of scared. I know it sounds silly. I'm just a freak like that. I'm used to waking up in the middle of the night looking into her pack-n-play to check on her w/out getting out of bed. LOL! Any good ideas/tips? What can I do to calm my nerves. Nice comments only please.

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 2:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why dont you get one of those monitors that have a camera on it and at night when she cries or you think she is being too quiet you can check on her without waking her up.
    Anonymous

• i put my daughter in her crib by her 3rd month. But I left the door open and as soon as I heard her cry I got up and ran. I'd check on her before I went to bed around midnight, then she'd wake up between 5-7 in the morning. It's not the easiest thing and its kinda scary because you want to know she'll be all right, but I never had a monitor or anything. I would just go in there every few hours and make sure she was breathing. A few times I would wake up scared she wasn't ok and run in there, she would be perfectly fine. I guess really, just keep an eye out for anything abnormal then keep a closer eye on her. And those nerves don't get any better at 19 mo! I still go in and check on her.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I put my son in his own room from day 1. I did get a monitor and the first couple of days the volume was in high so I was sure to hear it.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It's normal to be nervous. My first daughter I moved right around the age your daughter is right now. My second we waited a little longer because of spending some time at my in-laws' house... I think it's a good age, personally. I think you'll stop feeling nervous after a little while... And you'll always feel a little nervous, anyway. I have random nights where I still go check on my 9 month old! (Though with my 2 year-old I think I'm finally over it). The first night we put our first baby to bed before our bedtime, my husband and I sat downstairs, trying to savor our alone time, but really just sad that our little girl could sleep in her crib without us!!! Ah, the emotions of parenting.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• we also were in there from day one.. the first night i slept on the floor next to the crib.. lol then i used the monitors after that.. they will wake up and let you know forsure if anything is wrong mama.. no worries..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I put my children in their own beds at 4 weeks. I, too, was scared about leaving them in the room alone. Your instincts as a mother will wake you up if your child seems too quiet. Your child's cry will wake you up so it isn't necessary to buy a baby monitor
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My daughter is 2 months old , I put her in her crib about a week ago, she was sleeping in a bassinett but was getting to big for it.
    ILUVMYFATGURL

Answer by ILUVMYFATGURL at 2:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My dd got too big for her bassinet at 3 months. I missed having her close, too, but she does well in her crib. Once or twice I slept on her floor...lol! It's not easy, but you will hear her if she needs anything!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I haven't had my baby yet. But what is scary about putting them in their own bed? I am not trying to be rude, but the baby's bed is the safest place for them to be.
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 4:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• the day i got home with her, she slept in her crib, in her room. many nights i'd let her fall asleep with me and then move her to her room, but she's always been in there. around 6 months, we stopped using a monitor and she's never had a problem.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 9:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009