Can i start giving my 7 month old yogurt? If so what kind can i give him? Just vanilla or different flavors? Fat free or not?

martinsmom2008

Asked by martinsmom2008 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is organic yogurt called Yobaby. (I think) I'm not sure at what age you can start though.
    Anonymous

• Dont ask that on here. There are some people that it works for but not all people. Always ask your doc when you are going to change foods for your child...
    Anonymous

• You could try banana yogurt, but consult with doctor first to see if they think you should. Usually milk is not a good idea, but since yogurt is made differently...
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 2:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would not give him any with artificial sweeteners. Babies need fat, so no on the fat free. Also, I gave mine all of the flavors of the food he had already tried.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• we started on it by 8 months.If you choose to,try one that is full fat and plain.Mix with cereal or pureed fruit,or both!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I gave my son the yobaby they are organic and he love it. I really don't remember at what age I started.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I gave my son when he was 5 months old yo baby yogurt. I would give him the orgianl yougrat and also the fruit and ceral one.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipYogurt.htm

I found this website that give you information. It says 7 to 8 month you can start given yogurt.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My doc gave the ok for plain (not sweetened) whole milk yogurt at 8 months. She did great and loved it. The protein in regular milk that babies are often allergic to before 12 months of age is broken down in yogurt, so it's less likely to trigger allergies or digestive problems, but I do agree you should consult specifically with your child's doctor. If you get the okay, you can add fruit purees to it for a healthy way to sweeten it. Yo baby is better than the artificially sweetened ones, because it's sweetened with regular cane sugar, but you can buy plain whole milk yogurt and that's the best. My daughters both ate it plain (not even mixed with fruit) for the longest time.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• you need to offer the whole milk yogurts.
    personally i would wait until about 9 months before introcuding something like that. if he does not take well to it then he could get diarrhea, waiting longer ensures that his tummy will be able to handle it better.
    Anonymous