Is it normal for my 2 month old son who is circumcised to still look like it's uncircumcised? I can pull the skin back to clean it and you can see the very end of his wee wee sticking out of the skin I was just wondering does he have to grow out of it so to speak or was the circumcision done wrong? His doctor says it's fine but it still looks weird to me.

Is my son's circumcised penis normal?

Newmom1969

Asked by Newmom1969 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't know how they are supposed to look and what is considered normal, my son is 3 weeks old though, and his looks like what i would say is normal, it looks like its been circumcised, i've never had to pull anything back to clean it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• (my answer made it sound like i don't know what a circumcised penis looks like, i do on an adult and a toddler i meant i don't know what is normal when its healing since i only have one son so i have nothing to compare his to)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The circ' was not done wrong, its like that b/c the Dr was conservative with the amount of skin he took. Its tricky thing, if they don't take enough, its like your sons, extra skin, if they take too much it can cause the skin to be too tight over the penis.

It will not hurt him, just keep it clean. Now that its been cut, you DO need to pull it back to clean.

My son is intact so I dont need to pull his back, its never been pulled back.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my son is intact and he looks quite normal
    Anonymous

• ok then i have a stupid question, i thought the uncirc'd penis was the one that had to be pulled back to clean. what has to be pulled back to clean on a circ'd penis?
    the ring around the tip of the penis? i really don't know and husband is deployed so its not like theres a guys perspective that i can get here. and the doctors never said anything about that, so thanks in advance to anyone who answers
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• vabchmommy: thats the problem with this issue. People dont know. The forskin is attached to the penis at birth. During a circ' they rip the forskin apart from the penis and that is what causes the penis to look raw after a circ.

An intact penis should NEVER be forced back. It will become looser as the boy ages and eventually HE will be able to pull it back to wash. this sometimes doesnt even happen until puberty and that is normal. If you FORCE the forskin back, it causes infection to get in though the torn tissue underneath.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Her son has been circ'ed but the Dr left a good bit of skin. So now that it has been pulled back and has healed she must keep it clean underneath.

Does that make sense.? ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ok i think so, my son was circ'd so when he gets a little older i should be pulling it back to keep it clean? or should i be doing that already, he is 3 weeks old. the tip of the penis is still a little red but the doctor said it was healed at his 2 week check up. they didn't say anything about pulling anything back though that is why i was confused.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• vabchmommy: if he has no extra skin then he should require no extra cleaning.

When the Dr's do the circ its their personal decision as to how much skin to take off, some take a lot, some take too little, when they take too little it leaves skin that goes back over the penis and sometimes even covers the head.

If you see no extra skin, then he is probably ok.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ok thanks! i was starting to get worried i wasn't cleaning him right.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009