Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I say?

Im Babysitting a little boy that I just cannot handle anymore. I need a good reason to tell his mom that wont get him in trouble. I have a sneaky suspicion DHS is involved with him, sneaking suspicion meaning social workers just left my house after an interview with him, and I dont want him to get in trouble at home. This is all just too much and I dont think the mom knows about DHS yet... so what excuse do I give her?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (10)
  • who calld DHS? Why are they doing this at your house? Are you and his mom close? Im going to need more info mama..

    Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • No, just met her the first time monday, I have no Idea who called DHS, but I believe it may have been his DR because they wanted to know about some medications that he is not supposed to be taking but apparently is. They just showed up at my house today to talk to me and him, I have no idea how they know he stays with me... the only person who I know that knows is the DR because I called her about his meds on monday, we had a mix up and mom left me the wrong directions so I called his DR.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • I have actually been in the same situation except DHS wasnt involved in anything they should be though. I would tell her though. And just be honest.... I was. I told her I can't stay up till almost 1am anymore when my daughter wants to get up at 6 or 7 am. Or think of some reason like that(:

    Answer by kristajoy at 2:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • You just met his mother on Monday? I don't understand.

    Answer by gramsmom at 2:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • I have an in-home daycare. I put ads on craigslist and other sites like that and last week she responded to it and we met the first time monday morning when she dropped him off.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • Just tell the mother that as of (pick a date) I will no longer be able to watch your child.
    If she wants a reason just tell her you want to spend more 1:1 time with your own kid(s)
    you 'don't ' have to give a reason

    Answer by justgrape723 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • i think if you want to continue watching this child it is your business as to what is going on???ask her.i dont think dhs or in our state dss would be involved unless there was a reason or they thought there was a reason.i dont think i would get involved.or ask dhs what is are the care taker i think you have a reason to know.

    Answer by raineydays377 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • Is the boy the problem, or the dhs the problem? If it's the boy's behavior, you should say something.

    Answer by apexmommy at 3:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • Tell her DHS came to your house (that's not HIS fault DHS was called) and that you don't want to get involved in any situations that involve DHS and tell her she needs to find another caregiver. Essentially you called the dr and the dr called DHS so she's going to blame you anyway so she might want another caregiver. She can't get mad at her dr she needs him so she'll get mad at you!

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • You just tell her that you won't be able to watch her son any more. No explantion is required.

    Answer by rkoloms at 12:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.