Lets be honest now

How many of you who are Christians fully believe that because I am Wiccan, I am worshiping the devil and are truly a bad person. I am not seeking to be converted, I m happy in my faith. Can you be friends with me, can you allow your children to come over to my home. You can repeat what you want about God's love and so on, but in practice would you avoid me because I have a different faith or just send all your time thinking that I really just don't know the truth, and must be brought the "light".

fireball1978

Asked by fireball1978 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a spiritualist so I wouldn't care at all but I agree with others on this as a blanket statement of not discussing religion with other peoples' kids or parents unless asked.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i wouldnt avoid you and id let my child play with yours, i would push my religion on you or your children either, so id expect you to do the same in return....
    Anonymous

• i meant to say i would NOT push it on you
    Anonymous

• Believe what you want just don't discuss it with my kid and alls good. Be a good person and no one should care right. Don't they always say you shouldn't discuss politics or religion with your friends.
    Anonymous

• hmm wiccan is a belief in the earth and the soil and ground.it is a good religion.just because you are wiccan doesnt mean you are a (witch)i would be your friend and let my daughter go over your house hey i have an idea meet me at dunkin donuts at three and we will have coffee.i live near salem mass.ive been there.not that that has anything to do with it.as long as you are a nice person and have a good heart i dont care what religion you are....and i truly care that is all that matters...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well, as I used to be a wiccan and I know the TRUTH about the religion, I would have no problem hanging out with you or letting our kids play with each other - they could learn a lot from each other!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Here is a thought, If my child slept over your house on a Saturday night would you skip church on Sunday morning or bring them with you. if your children came over to my home would I have to hide my faith, ie put up my altar, or statues. Would you hide yours?
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i wouldnt take your child to church with me, and i wouldnt expect you to hide your stuff, if my child asked about it go ahead and tell her, i just wouldnt want you to try and make my daughter follow your beliefs.
    Anonymous

• I did not say that I would discuss my religion with anyoneschild. But I do believe in being honest. I would answer questions as best as I could.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if a child is over your house and they see the stuff im sure theyre going to be curious and ask, of course you should tell the child when they ask, but only if they ask...my best friend is into all that stuff and i love her dearly and i would never ever stop my child from seeing her, we just dont push our religions on eachother or our children...i dont think a religion should be a basis for friendships between two adults or their children thats just stupid
    Anonymous