Whenever. I go running, don't drink enough water and sometimes when I urinate I feel a really sharp pain

I feel the sharp pain on my lower rite side near my abdominal area

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• do you drink a lot of caffeine?? could be a kidney infection...
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• When this happens to me, I drink a TON of water as fast as I can get it in my system. It usually means dehydration and a kidney infection. Try to drink an 8oz glass of water and hour before your run and drink an 8oz right after your run and see if that helps.
    And make sure and sip on water constantly all day. Especially now with the crazy hot weather. :)

If it gets worse go see your doc though. It usually eliminates the pain if I drink a lot of water though.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 3:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You are putting way too much strain on your kidneys. You must drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day; add one glass for every soda or caffienated beverage.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009