What do you do? What do you say?

My Aunt is 17 weeks pregnant and found out today that the baby passed last week. My brother is due for a baby any day now, I'm due in October, and she was due in November. She now has to deliver the baby sometime tomorrow. Is there anything we can do or say to make this any easier at all for her?? She's really like my sister and it's so hard to see her go through this. And I just can't but help thinking it could be me... :o(

ABryn1011

Asked by ABryn1011 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes you dont have to say anything...just be there for her.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Just as when someone loses any family member, no matter how old or young, you let her know that you are so sorry for the loss she suffered. It does not matter that this little baby didn't make it to full term. He was her beloved child and she had hopes and dreams of their life together. Those dreams are broken now and she will need time to grieve the loss. You let her know that if she needs anything, you will be there for her, even if it's just to sit quietly. If being around you makes her uncomfortable (because you are pregnant), let her know that you will respect her wishes while her broken heart heals. Even after 40 years, my mother still gets sad when she remembers the baby she lost. Grief eases but it never goes away.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• take good care of yourself
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009