My 6 year old said"Mom you need to put us in Sunday School"

even though I have never talked about Sumday school. What do I do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Put them in Sunday School.....even if you don't have a faith you belong to churches love having children there so they can teach them about God.
    Anonymous

• Ask him why he wants to go. Maybe a friend said something. Find out what started it and go from there.
    If he really wants to go, is there one you are willing to let him try? Remember, just like the things he learns in school, you can talk to him about the things he learns in Sunday School and tell him your point of view too.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• well i would ask where she heard it first if it was from another adult who was telling her she should be in sunday school than i would talk to that adult if that isn't something you want to do. if it was from a friend who goes and enjoys it, than you could possibly see if she wants to try. my view on religion and my children is that i will take them to church and sunday school and they can decide what they believe, however i don't feel they can make an educated decision unless they know what they are deciding on,which will be the reason they go to sunday school, to be taught what is in the bible and what that religion believes and they can determine when they are older if that is what they believe or not.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think everyone's pretty well right. If she wants to go b/c she wants to go or she thinks it might be fun, then by all means, let her go! There's nothing wrong with it, and no bad can come out of it, IMO.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think it's great that he/she wants to go, of course, I am a Sunday School teacher and love love love to have new kids in class. Send them, they can only have fun and be loved!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 2:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Take them. Its great that she can tell you what she wants to do at such a young age!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I agree with every one else... If she wants to go, let her... If you won't take her (for whatever reasons) then I'm sure there's someone in your family, or an elderly lady on the block you know; someone who could take her... It would be fun to her (what six year old doesn't like sunday school??) and no harm could be done...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 2:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Find out why. Is it because she wants to or someone terrorized her into thinking she has to or she'll go somewhere to burn forever.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• she was talking with her sisters and a group of friends.
    Anonymous

• Take her to the Zoo or a Science Museum.
    Anonymous