What would you do or how would you live if we didn't have technoly ex cell phones, microwaves, car starters, computer

Myni

Asked by Myni at 2:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I imagine we would live normally . . . can't miss something that you've never had.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• good answer bridget
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I agree with Bridget.... And there are MANY people living in my area that live that way... Some don't even have running water nor electricity... I, for one, am very thankful for what we have today.... One of my favorite qoutes.... To be truly happy, One must be satisfied with what they have; instead of thinking about what they don't have....
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 2:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• just need me my microwave,can do for awhile maybe without the other stuff!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The same as I lived for the first 20 or so years of my life. All of this stuff like cell phones, internet, etc... didn't start getting popular until about 1995
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 2:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Lets see...I don't have a cell phone, and I got rid of my microwave almost a year ago (everyone lost weight too). My vehicle is old, and I use a key to start it. Most I have is a computer that works about part time....Heck I am even fine when the power goes out for days due to a storm.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• when i was younger i lived on some land in a trailer that had no electricity and no running water. We got our water from the spring and used the wood stove to boil water for baths. We had a generator we used a couple nights a week to watch a movie but other than that we found other ways to keep busy. We used candles for light. I actually miss it lol, sometimes it's nice to just get away from everything and get a good look at nature. So i know i would be just fine without any technology including electricity if i had to but that would be pushing it now that i have 2 almost 3 kids :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well this was not all that long ago, and we did just fine with what we had. I was in the 7th grade before we had a cordless phone let alone a cell phone and we also got our microwave around that time. Around 1978. There were not cell phones in every pocket or purse then either. Computers were the size of entire rooms, not PC's. I survived and we all would again.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Id be about the same, probably read(or attempt to with the kids LOL)more often. As far as communication there are always letters and the post office system.

I might be a bit more worrisome if I had no way to make sure DH was alright when he was working and out and about for long periods of time...thats if I had no car. If we had the bus system I probably wouldnt be that way cuz Id still have the means to go across town and check on him if need be.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'd live the same way I did when I didn't have that stuff in the '80's and early '90's. :)
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009