Why? or why don't you believe in GOD?

Myni

Asked by Myni at 2:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've answered this so many times, that I think I need to type it up in word so I can just copy and paste it, LOL.

In a nutshell, God has revealed himself to me in many, many ways - ways that someone could not possibly understand unless they've experienced the same. I've seen angels, I've seen rainbows on sunny, cloudless days, and I've felt the warmth of His hand on my body when I pray. When I talk to Him, or read the bible, I get a warmth spreading throughout my entire body. I have had so many experiences that I can't possibly list them all here.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Because it is true! the Bible and God loves us soooooooooooooo much!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I asked Jesus"How much do You love me"? "This much " He answered
    then He stretched out His arms and died.
    Anonymous

• I do believe in God or a supreme being BUT I do not believe in organized religion. There is way too much hypocrisy, and "what we believe is right so you are going to hell" , " no what we believe is right" even between people in the same religion. No thank you I will keep my relationship with God to myself, so everyone keep theirs away from me.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 3:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Because I have no need for any god in my life, and I have seen no evidence to suggest that there might be one.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 3:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I believe in the Divine because Ive felt their presence in my life and the evidence of their existence, FOR ME, is there.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I don't believe in any religion (atheist).. Idon't see the logic behind worshipping a higher power.. when I know how your mind can manipulate perception. ex. if you are raised Christian, it's something your taught from birth, and unless you question it.. your mind will continue to think it's a fact.. when you ask questions.. you find things that may or may not make sense.. your mind fills in the blanks for you.. either they lead you to continue believing, or they lead you somewhere else. 

or ex.  a person that has depression.. you can become physically ill, suffer pain, etc. because your mind is depressed.. a person that is ill, who believes they can heal themselves can also come out healthy as ever.. it's about about believing and how much you apply to that believe that becomes reality to that person

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Basically what jennijune said, although I have never seen an angel, I did see a vision in the clouds one night when my dad was in the hospital from a rattle snake bite. It just all makes sense to me that there is a God.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• so my reason for being atheist? If I can believing in anything and make it a reality..(in my own perception anyways).... then whats the point in believing in a higher power.. I can focus instead of myself, and my mind.. to accomplish just as much as any religious person.. perhaps more, because I don't have religion teaching me what I can and can't do.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

Actually, you should. I have a blog written up for answering the same question that comes up in politics every week or so - it saves a lot of time ;)

I believe there is a Judeo-Christian god who is meant to govern the lives of those who descended from people of that region. I believe there are Hindu gods for people of that region, and a Taoist all knowing being for those of China. There are assorted pantheons of gods for everyone from Europe, Eastern Asia, the Mediterranean, African, South America, the Pacific Islands and North America. I do not believe that the god of people which I am not a part of, gives a damn what I do, nor should they.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009