How do you start an ebay business? And what do you have to do to get a drop shipper? How does it work?

I'm starting to sell some of my stuff on ebay and want to make a business out of it. Does anyone know exactly what a dropshipper is? How do you get one? Does it cost? Do you have to go through any legal proceedings?

amyt89

Asked by amyt89 at 2:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Most dropshippers you do have to pay a monthly fee for. An example is Doba. Check out their site and read the rules and all that. To start an ebay business you don't HAVE to have a dropshipper if you are making and selling items yourself, buying and selling items at thrift stores/flea markets, etc, or contacting manufacturers and stocking items yourself. A drop shipper is handy when you wish to sell large quantities, can't stock things yourself, etc... I would advise you to check out various drop shipping sites and companies and find out the rules for each one to make your decisions. To actually start your ebay store, just go to ebay.com and they have a link about the stores and should walk you through getting set up.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Drop shippers are good if you dont have to pay a fee. There is a great company call Worldwidebrands.com that will assist you in finding such dropshippers. We use them they do have a onetime fee which is a tax deductable but it is worth every penny
    Anonymous

• I have been selling on eBay for over 4 years. You should NEVER pay a dropship company a monthly fee! True dropshippers do not charge any monthly fees. Some do however charge a per order dropship fee. I have been using pkdmerchandise.com for a long time and they never charge me any fees. They also offer a lot of free training on marketing as well as a whole program on how to get started on eBay. The best part is it is totally free! The operations manager (mark) has been helping me for over 2 years now. If you visit their site and send an email via the chat link on the left hand navigation he will get back to you within 24 hours. If you are looking for true dropshippers, let me know what product line you are looking for and I will be glad to send you some dropship companies that do not charge any fees at all.
    PupsKitty

Answer by PupsKitty at 5:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009