Traveling with baby?

I'm traveling by plane next week alone with my 9 wk old son which I have never done before. What baby items can and can not go through security? I don't want to pack something and have to leave it bc it cant go through. Any tips on how to make the travel alittle less stressful? And to keep him happy throughout the flight?

huntersmommy408

Asked by huntersmommy408 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call the airline and get a list it all depends on the airline have them fax or email it to u so when u go through security u have the list to show them
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 2:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am sorry, I have never flown with my baby, but here is a website I found:
    www.flyingwithkids.com/
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I took my 4 month old on a plane last week. In Denver I took a 6oz bottle through security and they just had me open it and they did a vapor test. I also took one of the bottles of similac pre made formula and it wasnt open so they didnt check it. Its best just to take a can of formula and an empty bottle because they can give you bottled water on the plane. I was on southwest and frontier. But make sure you have something for baby to suck on during takeoff and landing or it might hurt the ears
    babygurl827

Answer by babygurl827 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I had everything I usually have in the diaper bag as a carry on. I even had baby size nail clippers and they didnt take them
    babygurl827

Answer by babygurl827 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009