I just wanted to know after a miscarriage...

if anyone else wasnt sure if they wanted to try again for more children? i mean we have seven children and we were expecting in december or early january but this last weekend i miscarried and my dh wants to try (after i am healed) again and i am not sure if i can go through that again or if maybe it is my body telling me i am too old or something i have not had any problems like this in the past (i miscarried at like 2wks once but dr said it was because the baby didnt implant right i barely felt anything)

lilmammaweisner

Asked by lilmammaweisner at 2:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Hey dear friend..I understand where your coming from--but as my dr. said- it's not your fault- sometimes if there is a problem you just lose the baby...it has nothing to do with YOU- your age, ect.... I just miscarried after having 7 kids for the first time... and we are already trying again. We will not forget Charlie or replace him/her-but we love children and know it is what we want for our family... So- I would go for it... We are! Hugs, Meredith
    Happy-Duckof6

Answer by Happy-Duckof6 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i felt that way i had 2 m/cs before i had my daughter. when i got pregnant with my daughter it was about 4 months after the second m/c and i told my husband i didn't even care, i told him i knew i wasn't going to have any kids that i would end up with another miscarriage anyways so what was the point in quitting smoking, eating healthy, not lifting stuff etc....you just had the m/c it takes a while to grieve over the loss. don't make any major decisions on children yet, give yourself til you are healed and see how you feel then. you may surprise yourself.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It's tough but don't let all those negative things in your head about your age, ect affect the reason behind having a miscarriage. There are so many reason's why women have miscarriages that we will never know why for sure. Hang in there and I know it is tough but your strong and things will change in time :)... ** hugs **
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 4:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I know how hard it is to want to try again. I've had two children since my mc. I'm so glad I overcame my fears. Or I wouldn't have these two wonderful little miracles!!
    momonthegox3

Answer by momonthegox3 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• thank you all for ur support i am doing better and have decided to try again i was just wondering if those thoughts were part of the normal process thanks again
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 2:20 PM on Jun. 24, 2009