Does your infant like/enjoy tummy time?

My daughter get pretty fussy after a few minutes. Any good tips on how to keep her happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get down there with her and lay next to her, talk to her, move her little arms and legs around for her. things like that. my daughter didn't like it at all til she was about 2 months old, after that she would rather be on her tummy than her back.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My daughter hated it for a while. Then she loved it. Now at 7 months, i cant keep her on her back! Bugs me a bit at bedtime but she's always okay.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Mine hated it. I've never heard of one that likes it. Look at it from the baby's point of view: You can barely lift your head to look around but if you don't, all you get to stare at is the carpet. No fun. But then, cookies are more fun to eat than veggies. This is just the first of many "because it's good for you" battles you will have.

To make it more fun, get down on your tummy in front of her. Dangle a toy between the two of you and play with it. You don't have to do this every time. And once she's fussy, you can switch her to a different activity. Just be sure to keep trying tummy time all day long. Once she has good head, chest, and tummy control you can switch her to an exersaucer or a jumperoo. Those keep working the same mucles as tummy time but are more fun for the baby. But she needs very good trunck control first.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, get down there with her, put some toys that she can reach for, and also put her feet towards the couch or something that she can push against. You may just have to do it a few minutes at a time until she builds up some tolerance for it. Also, let her "stand" holding your hands, or "sit up" holding your thumbs. How old is your baby? Also, if you are leaving her sight, depending on her age, that might be upsetting her. Does she try to roll over yet?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I had a mat with a long pillow across it that I would lay my son over, right under hisarms...it helped him hold up to see and I would sit toys infront of him and he would look at them and reach for them. He always like tummy time though. But, he also could hold his head up high way earlier than normal too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my dd has loved it for a long time unless shes there to long. but shes been holding her own head up very VERY steadily since the day she was born so.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 3:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009