Will self tanners turn orange in the sun?

I plan on going to Sea World next month. I'd like to be tan and have a great self tanner...I am worried that if I am out in the sun for long that it will turn me orange from the self tanner. Is this possible or will I be fine?

Kristinmomof2

Asked by Kristinmomof2 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• No once its on and about 8 hours have passed its set! Use a good sunscreen while at Sea World! I sell Avon and am hooked on the Skin So Soft Airbrush Tan. I love it and haven't had luck with any other sunless tan products. I used to use Jergens and liked it but it came off in the hot tub and messed up the water eek. Didn't have that problem with the Avon one! I like that it gives the spray tan look and even tone but doesn't cost much. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping if you'd like :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:53 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It depends on your skin, but if it turns you orange without the sun, be SUPER careful and it may just tan you in the sun. (I have no hope, still turn orange, but you may be luckier.)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• No but self tanners come out orange after 2 hours, I've never used a self tanner that didn't turn me orange. The only fake tan I've ever had that worked great was the spray tan at the tanning salon. It cost about $50-$100 for a spray but it's worth it because it last long and it looks great, plus self tanners are really hard to do. Sometimes it looks like you put it on evenly then after an hour you have streaks all over. Plus you can't get it on your feet, your hands or your elbows and knees, so you might just look like a weirdo. I would go with either tanning in a tanning salon or get the spray tan done.
    Anonymous

• I use the Jergen's lotion that has tanner in it...I don't turn orange and most people think I am tan. I also use Banana Boat tanner and that looks real on me too. Anything else looks fake.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thanks girls. I use Loreal sublime glow and have never had a problem with looking orange or having streaks with this one. I love it. I just didn't know if going in the sun with it would turn orange from the sun. anyway, thanks so much girls!
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• LOL I actually have the jergens one and haven't used it yet. Has it turned orange in the sun though??
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i use the jergens natural glow foam
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• oops i clicked too soon lol..... it works good & don't turn orange, i saw results in about 2 days
    josiesmommy00

• It didn't turn orange in the sun for me...I did the lotion as opposed to the foam though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• nope never had that problem though all self tanners have a yellowish orangeish glow to them I have never had or seen this happen before.
    KOURT

Answer by KOURT at 5:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009