Why is it?

The idiot who went nuts at the Holocaust museum was a 9/11 conspiracy theorist, hated the Bush administration, and had plans to shoot up the Weekly Standard offices, but everyone is calling him a "right wing extremist"? Shouldn't that be Left wing extremist?
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0609/Weekly_Standard_may_have_been_shooter_target.html?showall

Yes, it's a blog - this "inconvenient truth" is not getting much play in the big nets yet, but links to his original net postings are all over the place. He thinks Bush co-ordinated 9/11

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They used this as a ploy to confuse the voters in 1930's Weimar Republic into thinking that they were being offered two DIFFERENT choices, even though both the Nazis and the communists were totalitarian and collectivist. The other parties in the election found themselves cast in the light of not being a really different contrast.
    Well, the ploy worked. And even to this day, we get confused by the notion that Nazis / fascism is right-wing.

Any collectivism - individuals required to sacrifice for the common good - is left-wing.
    Right-wing is the attitude that individuals have rights which others are not allowed to strip from them.

The more extremely a plan would strip people of their liberty, the more left-wing it is. And the more vigorously a plan respects individual rights, the more right-wing it is.

So white supremacists (who lump people into racial groups) are actually VERY LEFT-wing.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think Bush had something to do with 9/11 I think they found out we were going to be attacked so they planted bombs in the towers to make it more of a big boom! They've already proven a planes engine wouldn't do what it did! I still believe we were attacked we just made a play off of it to make it seem worse than it would have been! And yes he should be called a left wing extremist, but who cares I think people who are right wing extremist are crazy as hell! I'm down the middle I take things from both sides, because neither side is exactly right!
    Anonymous

• Because Liberals are not Holocaust deniers or white supremacists. They tend to be (extreme) right-wing loonies.
    Anonymous

• It's sickening how the MSM wants so bad to vilify the right that they won't even report accurately in order to slander the whole political right. It's asinine and shameful.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thanks for posting this NP and 3:30 anti semitics it seems now are usually LIBERALS.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• They are the same people who call the gay basher out of Kansas right wingers. Fred Phelps was a Democrat actually got 15,000 Democrats to vote for him in a Democrat primary for Gov of Kansas several years back. He also helped Al Gore with his campaign for President in the 80s Gore was very adamantly opposed to homosexuals back then and there are photos of him with Phelps. He denies it but they were in my hometown paper you can see them in the archives there.lol Yet Phelps is considered a right winger when he is out of the Dem party. Makes no since to me.
    Anonymous

• anti semitics it seems now are usually LIBERALS.

Oh, that reminds me of the other question that seems to be conspicuously missing around here today, brb
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Right wingers are usually the Hitler sympathizers
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 3:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

Link please
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am a right winger sarah and I do not know ANY Hitler sympathizers who are right wingers.I deffinitely do not know ANY CHRISTIANS who are.Seems pretty ovymoronic for a Christian to be.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009