What can I do to go #2 more often?

Ok TMI i know but i dont know who else to ask. Last week I was really stressed out and my bowels we in overdrive. Now its been since sunday and i havent gone. thats 4 days, Im afraid to take laxatives because they cause me tremendous pain like im in labor. What should I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• eat more fiber, eat more fruit, & drink more water & eat yogurt. If you do ALL these things, you will be pooping like a champion.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• take metamucil. i'm preggo and way stopped up, and the pink lemonade one isn't bad. it's natural fiber so it's not going to cause huge pain. you can take it up to 3 times a day.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We buy Fiber Choice chewable tablets and take one or two a day. The extra fiber in them is just enough to keep us regular...always!
    Anonymous

• wow I go at least 4x daily, every day! lol I eat a very high-fiber diet. I don't eat any white breads or pasta, I try to get my 5 daily servings of fruits and vegetables, and I always get a little bit of exercise in. Have you been moving around enough? Or...this always works for me...eat a McDonald's double cheeseburger! Makes me be in the bathroom for the next 2 or 3 days! LOL
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 3:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Clear fluids, non stimulant laxatives like a fiber supplement, senna, suppositories or an enima. Grapes and other berries and melons get bowels moving too.
    Anonymous

• You could get a good colon cleanse plus eating all of those good fiber rich foods. If you are interested email me I have a really great one!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 7:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Of course if you are pregnant that would not be recommended.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 7:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You should be drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day, eating 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, eating at least one serving of legumes (beans, tofu, lentils, etc.) a day, and eating 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Coffee.
    Make sure you get your 21-25 grams of Fiber a day.
    Bamboo Tea
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2009