14 weeks, always sick.

For the last hmm I'd say maybe 8 weeks, I've been crazy sick, with all day sickness. I throw up water, I throw medication that's suppose to keep me from throwing up. Now I'm switching to something new, called Zofran. It seems to work so far. But my question is how long can i go without it being DANGEROUS that I'm not able to take my prenatal vitamin's. Every time I do take them, I take them with toast something light that my stomach can handle, but I ALWAYS throw them back up. I don't go back to my OB-GYN until the 2nd of next month.

So my questions are;
How long can I go without taking my prenatal?
What other ways can I control my heartburn and sore stomach?

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 3:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didnt get to take my vitamines while preg. i took prenatals before i was preg. but had to stop by the end of my first trimester..i tried to eat better to make up for it..but there are ALOT of women that have children without taking vitamins...all day sickness sucks!! i had it for about 3 weeks in the MIDDLE of my pregnancy..just try to eat VERY small VERY bland things...crackers and water maybe gingerale..but i dont know what else to tell you..GL hun, hang in there!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• eat saltine crackers before you even step out of bed every morning.try sipping gingerale. try taking your prenatals at night.thats what i had to do because i would always throw mine back up.so take them right before you go to bed and see if that helps.as far as the heartburn....eat tums.they dont always work but sometimes they do.i have had terrible heartburn since about 11 weeks on and im 34 weeks now.if you keep having the heartburn and stuff see if your doc will put you on zantac.it helps alot with it
    brittoh

Answer by brittoh at 3:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If you can't keep down the pills, my doctor suggested to me to take Flintstones Calcium or Iron vitamins. They will be easier on your stomach and you might have a better chance of keeping them down! Good luck with it!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• With my twins my doctor had me on three different morning sickness medications (including Zofran), so you might ask your doctor about doing more than one type to help get it under control. You might also ask your doctor for different prenatal vitamins or try taking them at a different time of day. Hopefully you will get past this in the next few weeks.

I had severe all day sickness with both my pregnancies - until 16 weeks with the first and until 20 weeks with the twins (and off and on for the rest of the pregnancy). All of my babies were fine. My mom had it through her entire pregnancy with me, and I was also just fine. The biggest worry is that you will become dehydrated and end up in the hospital, so make sure you are drinking something when you can.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009