Is my baby slow?

She will be 9 months on the 21st and still can't self feed anything, has no teeth and no sign of any coming in, and trys her hardest but can't hold on to her own bottle. She is crawling and crusing like normal but in other areas she seems so far behind other babies her age. Is this normal or should i be worried.

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd is the exact same age, to the date in fact! She doesn't sound slow at all. Some babies don't get a first tooth until 10 months. My dd doesn't hold her bottle, but I think she's just being lazy...lol. Do you give her any little Gerber puffs or anything to try and grab? What about a sippy cup? Will she hold that? I know it's easy to say, but I wouldn't be too worried, all babies are different. My dd started crawling, but she's not cruising yet like yours!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The teeth question is physiological, and not at all a worry... for holding the bottle, maybe she enjoys the closeness of you feeding her her bottle... it's natural; I wouldn't try to force her out of that (lots of kids that age like holding their own bottles, but some don't; if yours doesn't, it doesn't necessarily mean she's not capable). Also formula (or bm) should be the main source of nutrition at this point, so don't worry about the solids. Keep offering some easy finger foods, but I don't think there's a need to push them.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• She holds a sippy cup and eats puffs but only i fi put themin her mouth for her! I have tried putting them in fromt of her and she trust throws them around
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009