Freezing Warts--Pop the blister, or not??

I had some warts frozen on my fingers today and the doc said if blisters form to pop them but then I was reading online and stuff says NOT to pop the blisters cause that could cause the wart virus to spread. Now I don't know what to do!! (I know it's gross but I need answers lol..thanks!)

calebsmama713

Asked by calebsmama713 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Pop them in a way that the fluid does not leak on your skin try catching it with some tissue then wipe then wash the area and put some kind of medicine for it and bandage it.nursedoctor

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if the doc said pop them, go for it, but use neosporin and a bandaid to cover it
    Anonymous

• I would listen to what your Dr says but the last time I had a wart removed my Dr told me it would form a blister, turn black and fall off on its own and I shouldn't do anything aside from place a bandage over it if I was tempted to mess with it.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 4:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009