My idiot husband shot himself in the foot with his gun, do you think this can cause CPS to investigate us?

My son is 14 months old, and I will be making my husband get rid of all guns.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes. Even if it was an accident. He's lucky he accidentally shot his foot instead of accidentally shooting your baby.
    Anonymous

• Wow, is he okay? Anyway i dont think CPS will investigate. But i dont think thats the most important thing here is it? Your husband just shot himself and your asking about CPS. Shouldnt you be more worried about how he is doing?
    Anonymous

• How exactly do you accidentally shoot yourself in the foot? I've never understood that. If you shoot yourself or anything else unintentionally, it's not an accident. It's an act of stupidity!!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• its good that your making him get rid of guns, my cousins step dad "accidentally" shot my aunt Debbie in the buttocks while putting a loaded gun in the car right in front of her 3 children and there all f@#$%! up for life now. when the EMS team got there there were three kids in shock covered in blood in the back seat and the dad was unwilling to take responsibility and my aunt (god rest her soul) lost her butt cheek and had to wear special pants/underwear. I know this sounds like crap, but I am serious as a heart attack! cps was called, and they did investigate, but it truly was an accident (even though her husband was being a COMPLEATE idiot) nothing actually happened except he had to take a hunters safety class.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• awww.. that sucks.

my husbands friend shot himself in the leg. he had his gun in his pocket & it went off while he was next to his pregnant gf. they call him cheddar-bob now, (from the movie 8mile). i'd get rid of the guns & i'm sure everything will work out fine. he may be in pain now, but everyone, including himself will be laughing themselves about it to death later. i hope he heals ok
    Anonymous

• rolling on floorOk, maybe he'll learn from this experience. We dont' play with guns!!! As for CPS, if called they will require him to comply with what most states require, that guns have a safety thingey in the trigger so that won't happen again and to have them locked up in a safe place AND ammo in another location. OMG, I bet he feels stupid huh?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• First off, I'm hope that your dh is ok and I'm glad that no one else got hurt. I don't get how people accidently shot something. If the gun is loaded your finger isn't supposed to be anywhere near the trigger unless your getting ready to fire it. I could see if he dropped the gun and it accidently went off. Where was he when it went off?
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• OMG! Exactly the reason I told my husband when we were first married that the gun goes or I go. I'm still here! Is he okay? They might investigate, depends on what the hospital and police were told. Good luck and make sure they are out of the house...the guns.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Um, I could care less how he is doing anon. He did this. My son is my corcern.
    Anonymous

• How can you not care how your husband is? It was an accident. Why would CPS be worried about your child? Sounds like more to the story. My brothers hunt and if one of them accidentally did this we would all make fun of them but atleast he will be ok.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009