Does anyone know how to make a potty training chart?

I am trying to motivate DS to wear big boy undies and go on the potty. I don't want to pay money for a chart that I could possibly make myself. So if anyone has a suggestion where to get a free one or how to easily make one that would be awesome!!

3paynes

Asked by 3paynes at 4:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, how complicated you want to make it depends on the age of your child. My daughter was only 19 months, so we just got out blank paper, new one for each day, and I let her put a sticker on it herself (anywhere) whenever she got some pee in the potty. We moved straight to underwear, so we weren't on the charts for too long... She was also a little young to get the chart concept. (But not the potty training concept! She did great!)

You should decide what your goals for him are... does he get a sticker each time he uses the potty? Each time he sits? etc. And what the rewards are: after 10 successes, does he get something more than a sticker? etc? Then I'd just pull out a ruler and some colorful paper and keep it simple! I'm sure there are ideas or even sample charts on-line, too.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thanks! I looked for some charts on line and I can't find anything I don't have to pay for. He loves to sit on the potty so I don't know if I would give him a sticker everytime he sits but maybe when he potties in the toilet. And I was thinking of some rewards thing like that.
    3paynes

Answer by 3paynes at 5:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• im going to start doing potty trianing with my son soon and i think id give him a treat everytime he goes potty in the chair 1 for pee and 2 for #2.
    Keithsmama24

Answer by Keithsmama24 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We used a potty chart to train my DD and she is completely potty-trained now. I went to the local teachers store and found a couple chart graphs and let her pick the one she wanted. I also let her pick the stickers to put on the chart. The whole thing cost me $3.00. We would reward her if she got through a whole week with no accidents. Right now we started a bedtime chart and she has been sleeping in her own bed ever since we started.
    Alexandrasmo823

Answer by Alexandrasmo823 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If you knew Microsoft Excel I can send you a file that I use for brushing teeth that could easily be adapted for potty training. PM me if you would like it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2009