I NEED ANSWERS ASAP!!!!!

So I am 40w5d pregnant with baby #2. I am huge, exhausted, and uncomfortable. I am 5cm & 80% effaced, there is so much pressure "down there" that I just want to curl up & cry. I have been doing a lot of research on castor oil. As, I have tried EVERYTHING else. Sex, pineapple, walking & more walking. Nothing has worked. I am getting crabby, & dealing with a 2 y/o on top of it isn't helping. I don't want to get bashed or told not to do it, I have done my research, I just have a couple of questions to mothers who have tried it or know someone who has tried castor oil.

Approx. how much do I need to take?
Whats the best way to keep it down, with what did you take it with?
Approx. how long after, were you on the toilet?
Did it work? Approx. how long after you took it?
Did it cause your baby to pass meconium?
Would you do it again?

Please, I would like some answers, I am about to go buy some right now .

Ari0825

Asked by Ari0825 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The hospital should admit you if your 5cm and the fact that your over due. I would head to L&D goodluck
    Anonymous

• hon, go to the L&d and tell them you are not leaving unless they induce you and you have a baby in your arms.
    thats what I did, and they couldnt make me leave.
    castor oil can be dangerious and hasnt been proven to work, march down to the hospital, bring your bags and your hubby and say you've had enough, your body hurts, you have a 2 year old thats using you as a punching bag, and your DONE.
    trust me, they will admit you and induce you, they cant say no.
    your over 40 weeks!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Just causes more fustration...I did it once, NEVER EVER EVER again. My mom convinced me it would be a good way to start labor.. WRONG!!!spent 2 hours in the bathroom. Not fun!

Go to l&d they should admit you @ 5cm and your Dr. should want you delivered b/c youre over 40wks.

Good luck and healthy baby!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Using castor oil to induce labor causes fetal distress and meconium in the baby and in some cases has caused death. Though castor oil inductions take place without the knowledge of the practitioner in some cases, it is always wise to talk to your midwife or doctor about how to use castor oil before doing so. Go to labor and delivery. Tell them you are having contractions. (even if you are not) they will take you and put you on the monitor. Then, when they tell you that you are not in labor, REQUEST that they break your water.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• They won't deliver me, b/c I am not in active labor, and my baby is is no kind of distress, etc. She is healthy & just taking her sweet ass time. I just went for a NST. I won't be induced until I am at least 43 weeks. I can't wait that long, but my doc. won't do it a day earlier than 43 weeks. So, I am desperate here & just need to have this baby. I am willing to do anyything.
    Ari0825

Answer by Ari0825 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• thats crap 43 weeks? you need a new doctor. go to the er. complain of pain see if that works
    Anonymous

• have you tried sitting on an exercise ball? i have heard it helps with releaving the pressure.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• than go to a diff hospital, bottem line is your the pacient hes your doctor and you hired him to do a JOB! AND waiting until your three weeks late is bull because your waterbag and plecenta start to detererate about 42 weeks.
    Im telling you, if you go there and say your gonna use castor oil if you dont unduce me, they will induce you, they HAVE TO.
    Not to mention, just being over due is cause to induce, just go to L&d tell them you think your in labor, and when they say no your fine, say, I cant do this anymore, I'm so big Im in pain, I cant sleep or breath, and my 2 year old is too hard on me, take the baby out now, and Im not leaving until you do, THEY CAN NOT MAKE YOU LEAVEEEE. I promise.
    I did it, and so did my sister and I know others that have done it as well
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if you go into the hospital and complain of bad contractions or cramping, they have to hook you up. and you may get the doctor that will go ahead and induce you. all you can do is try and you may save yourself from unnecessary measures.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if your willing to do anything, drive there, and use the back bone god gave to you, and demand they induce, they cant say no once your past 40 weeks.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009