does he want to marry me?

My boyfriend and i have been together almost three years. he want's to go to Iraq for a year as a civilian contractor. so i feel it best if we get married before he leaves even if it is just legalities and not the whole Big celebration we can wait for that until we have the money.(he has the Cinderella complex not me)I just don't know if he really wants to marry me or if he is doing it out of obligation for our son. when i asked if he wanted to get married before he leaves for Iraq he said ' Sure it make Economical sense.' what should i do? I don't want to marry him if he really doesn't want to marry me the hard part is finding out the truth.Any ideas the only one I've got is to get him Drunk as a Skunk and then ask him Drunk men tell no lies. :)

DragoFly

Asked by DragoFly at 4:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• if he wants to he'll put a ring on your finger. i would drop the subject and wait and see. if he doesn't before he goes i would start dating other people. actions speak better then words.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• oh and my husband told me right away he wanted to marry me. men know if they do or don't. the fact your asking tells me he doesn't. sorry just being honest.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Sounds like it is happening for the wrong reasons...I wouldn't do it If I were you.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I've been with my SO for 5 years, we have a 3yo son and we've talked about marriage on numerous occasions. We know we want to get married but.... we're not in a hurry. Maybe he's the same way.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ya im with the first answer i would quit talking about it and wait to see what he does. GL
    Anonymous

• He is just not that into you honey. If a man wants to marry you they don't say it makes economical sense. Talk to him about it he could just be a bone head but if that is how he feels it is time to move on.
    Anonymous

• some men are practical and want to make sure their families are provided for. Unless you have a major problem with it, do it.
    Anonymous

• GET HIM DRUNK!! HAHA! AY DRUNK MAN DOES SPEAK THE TRUTH
    SGMAMI

Answer by SGMAMI at 6:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• HELLO! I seem to disagree with the women, the reason being is women get confused or scared but not because they dont care right? well men are the same , although they are wired differently and will not express their feelings the same. He just might be scared in taking such a big step for what seems like the wrong reason. He may also just not know, we dont always know what we want. I would recommend to communicate with him and get to a final decision soon.
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009