Spoiled....is there any way to fix it?

My daughter is almost five months old and is sooo spoiled. She might play by herself for maybe 2 min at most but then instantly throws a fit....until i pick her up and she is just fine. I dont know what to do but i cant get anything done. Should i just let her cry it out in her crib or is there anot her way to handle this situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pick her up. Later on you will realize that there is nothing around the house more important than being with your daughter. Try a baby sling and wear her around the house.
    Dont let her lay there and cry...she is too young to understand. All she knows is that she likes it right there in your arms. She is 5 months old, let her.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• you could carry her around in a snugli for a bit and see if that helps. she may just want more interaction with you. if you sit down and play with her for a bit and then walk away and she starts screaming, try maybe putting a different toy next to her and see if she will go ahead and play with that. if she refuses to play with anything until you pick her up, than letting her cry for a few mins won't hurt, she may just decide shes tired of waiting for you to do something about it and find a way to entertain herself.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:23 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Give her toys to keep her busy for a while, maybe an exersaucer thing and put in in the room where you are so she can see you, your not out of sight causing her to stress..as long as my son has lights and music to look at and play with hes pretty content..he likes to play with blankets too!!! i would say your best bet is to experiment!! try different things...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• not spoiled she just needs her mama 5 months is young to expect her to entertain herself try wearing her you will have your hands free to be able to still get things done around the house remember you carried her for nine months they are used to your movement, smell, voice right now you are her world

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• She's not spoiled, she needs you. This is a very common myth. She will become more independent, but she is an infant, and needs her mom. Wear her around. When she's able to interact more with her surroundings, she'll take off and you'll wonder where you're little sweetie who needed you for everything went! Of course it's impossible to be there for every single second, and sometimes you just need to take a crap or take something out of the oven and baby has to cry for a few minutes! I'm not one to believe that a little crying will damage a baby's psyche... but your baby needs your cuddles.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• She's not spoiled, shes just young. Its a phase...there will be lots of them. This too shall pass.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My son was like at around that age, and now he'll play by himself for an hour or so. I'd say give your daughter the attention she's wanting, because it will help teach her now that shes young your there when she needs your attention. Do you have a swing or a walker. If you really need to do something like dishes, sit her in something like a swing, walker, or jumper. and take her to the room with you. Talk to her and tell her what mommys doing. Or you could get one of those front carries or slings and put her in it. It a hands free way to carry her around and let her be close to you while you do your household things. The only time i used to let my son lay in his crib and cry or on the floor with his toys was if i had to use the restroom, because its hard trying to use the restroom holding a lil one.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would say that you can let her cry a little. I mean, don't desert her, let her know you are there. Take care of her immediate needs. Is she hungry? Is she dry? Is she tired? Let her know you are there for her. But you do not have to hold her or carry her around in a sling all day. A lot of women will make you feel like a bad mom bc you don't hold your child every second of the day. There is nothing wrong with putting her down, and letting her fuss. Do you want to be holding her constantly when she weighs 30 lbs? Probably not. I agree, find some toys, or exersaucer she can play in when she isn't being held. GL!
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 4:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Put her somewhere to play where she can see you, that's the only way I get anything done! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• She is not spoiled! Get a sling.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009