not 2 b gross but someone told me u poop when ur in labor...is this tru??:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• labor, no... when you push the baby out, yes. Most doctors say its a good thing because you are pushing from the right area then. Also, just so you know you normally have to poop a lot and its loose the night before you go into labor cuz your body tries to clean it all out first but I still pooped myself lol
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• sometimes if you don't clean out your bowels before hand, then yes. but it is not likely. Your body will start to eliminate all the waste in your body right before labor starts. It's natures way of getting ready for the labor process.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• some do..i always went before and never pooped while pushing :)
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 4:29 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I had heard that too. And I'm not sure if I did or not! I didn't feel like I did, but then again, you're kinda busy pushing out a baby to notice! And then the nurses clean you up after you deliver, so... how do you know? What I can tell you is that that idea worried me before I had my baby, but when the time came I couldn't have cared less! So I hope that's some good news for you :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yep, completely normal. I didn't with my first but I did with my second.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yep! It can happen. It only happened with my second that I know of. But I have heard from the nurses, that often the moms don't even know that they are doing it.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• it happened to me though I'll NEVER admit it off ANON- it was horrible, the nurse was like "ohh, you made a poopie" right in-front of my family and my hubby. I HATE that nurse and I wish death upon her. she could have just gotten rid of it, there is a HUGE orange redish bag under your table between your legs she could have just pushed it in there and not said a fucking word! NO she had to bring it to my fucking attention, and the attention of my family. I lodged a formal complaint against her, because of her bedside manor, that should have NEVER been thrown in my face during a time like that.....bitch.
    Anonymous

• It can happen and it is normal, some people do it, some people don't.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• LOL It happened to me too. She was cleaning up and I asked what r u doing. I never would have know if she hadn't told me. They are used to it so its not even bad. I thought it would be humiliating but its not.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• to Anon 4:31 that was hilarious. I fixed my answer to remove your name LOL !!! Never say Never!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009