pagans

i know i am being real ignorant but everyone is talking about pagans today.what is a pagan?i want to sign anon cause i dont want people to know how ignorant i am...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In America today when people say "Pagan" (capital P) in a religious sense they usually are refering to people who follow one of many similar religious paths, more appropriately called Neopaganism. These are newer religions based on or reconstructing ancient religions, most popularly those of Egypt, Greece/Rome, Pre-Columbian America or Northern Europe. Wicca is the best known of the Pagan paths.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Nysa00 said it nicely... here is a website that has a few things that you may like to read that may answer any other questions that you might have.

http://www.paganspath.com/index2.htm

And you are not ingorant... you are simply asking about something you don't know about, we all have done that some time in our life....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You have some good resources there. There is a saying in the library business: No question is stupid--or ignorant-- if you don't have the answer. So it's better to ask it and learn something.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ..It cut me off!!!! DANG!!!!! Better to ask the question and learn something than to keep silent and remain ignorant.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Now, see....those are very informative answers and were answered very respectfully. I'd like to say thank you for that. I didn't really know what being a Pagan meant either, so I appreciate the links and answers, too.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Wow kudos for the respectful informative inforormation.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Pagan's Path is an AWESOME site. My favorite! Also check out About.com They have an awesome Pagan information section too. and both sites are set up for people that have no clue! So they spell everything out in very basic terms. Oh, here's the link...

http://paganwiccan.about.com/

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Also take the time to search CafeMom. There are lots of Pagan education groups... I don't know anyone that isn't willing to answer questions. In fact it's my favorite part of life...  I also have a group you may be interested in   End Religious Intolerance and Ignorance

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thank you Sabrina. I am checking out that site now because I have been questioning the Gnostic part of my beliefs recently. I like what I have seen on Pagan's Path so far.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Awesome answers...couldn't have said it better myself.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009