By when should I feel my baby move?

I am 19 weeks pregnant. This is my 2nd pregnancy. I was just curious as to when I'll feel my baby move. With my first, I felt him move when I was approximately 20 weeks. To be exact I was 20 weeks and 3 days. Should I wait a few more weeks before becoming concerned or should I call my ob/gyn now? Please help. I appreciate any and all advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• humm 19 weeks, are you a bigger girl?
    they say you should feel your second sooner than you felt your first, but I think thats BS , I think when baby becomes strong enough you will feel it.
    19-23 weeks is the normal time frame where you should feel baby move.
    I would say drink an extra fizzy coke lay on your left side, turn the lights out, adn see if you can relax enough to feel him, but I wouldnt be worried until 23 weeks or so, there still SO tiny at 19 weeks!
    good luck mama
    and dont let others try and freak you out.
    IE. I felt mine at 12 weeks, I felt mine at 16 weeks that may or may not be true, but usually its not true, and every pregnancy is diff
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would say that 20 weeks is pretty normal to feel your baby move. My first baby was at 21 weeks and my second was at 20 weeks. So they were pretty close together. Don't worry about anything, and if you feel like you need to go to the doctor, then go. They are not going to be upset if you want to make sure that everything is going okay. Good luck, I am sure you will feel this one move soon
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I felt mine early but the guiline is between 20-25 weeks so I worry till then...
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i feel mines now and im 15weeks but i only feel it once or twice a day.
    Anonymous

• WIth my first I was about 22 weeks. I never felt the bubbles or small movements I felt kicks and jabs I was freaking out too. You should have an ultrasound by now or soon and if his/her hearts beating and moving on US its all good. I had a misabortion last year so I know all about worrying
    Holmes1652

Answer by Holmes1652 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009