Do you have to schedule a L&D tour?

I have a schedule for when the hospital gives tours and they seem to only have them on certain days which are all night time tours on the days that my husband works. He works in the afternoon and evenings, but there doesn't seem to be a schedule for daytime. Can I schedule a tour on anydays other than these?

amberdawnbarr

Asked by amberdawnbarr at 4:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went there a couple of weeks ago, because my ma was in the ER and I just went up to the floor and asked a nurse to show me around.
    she showed me the rooms, and the BIG bath tubs (LOL) and the nursery and the waitng rooms, and explained about the menus and how they do things.
    she walked me around for idk 15 to 25 mins anwering all of my questions and showing me around. she was VERY nice about it.
    I think if you just show up there, generally there nice about giving quick tours because just like any place, they want your business.
    the actual tour was set to be 2 hours, but its because its with a group of people and they have like a group talk before and after for questions and go over pre check in and what not.
    But I have a paper for admitence that the nurse gave me to fill out on line LOL so I missed all the BS and got the info I needed
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Most places do the tours during the evenign because there is less people there. Also most will not allow any other times but the times they have listed. I would call & ask.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My hospital wouldnt let me..but i didnt want one..didnt care, i was going to spend days in there stuck in a room anyway!!! call your hospital explain your situation and ask!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'll have to try and hope that they will. Their schedule is sun. and wed. He's off tues. and thurs. so maybe if I try really really hard they will let me <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 4:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009