• In the Spotlight:

Dr. Brown's bottles

I use Dr. Brown's bottles for my son and I was wondering if anyone else uses them and has problems cleaning the tan top to the tube that goes inside the bottles? I know that they give you tiny brushes to go with them but I still seem to have problems getting them really clean. Even if I rise them out right when I'm done with them I still get this slimmy nasty film on them that is really hard to get off. Any ideas??? I LOVE that brand of bottles because they really do work wonders with keeping the air out. Thanks for your input./

AshleyG.

Asked by AshleyG. at 4:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh ladies..lol!! Do you have a sprayer on your sink at all? I would soak in vinegar water 1-2 times a week - it takes that water build-up off or you could also bleach them once a week but I guess I always felt safer with vinegar incase some didn't wash out - soak and rewash and rinse. Just so we are clear lol!!! Helps also with humidifiers which are hard to clean that I use for my son, I sometimes take a Q-tip or Toothpick to get really inside there or even a pin before you soak also - to scrap it ALL off.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I use them fathfully. At the end of each feeding I rinse them really good. I always have one side of my sink filled with piping hot water and dish wasking liquid. once i rinse them i drop them in the soapy water and let all the bottle soak until right before bed. I do a quick run thru with the bottle brush, let them set out to dry and everything is squeeky clean the next day! Hope this helps.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• washing*
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• well I figured that it was a given that I was h them LOL! I've just been having a hard time recently with the tan tops!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 4:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I wasnt saying you didnt wash them. I was just telling you how I get and keep my dd's bottles (every part of them.....especially the tan tops) clean. some people dont soak, they just brush and go. just trying to be helpful....sorry i insulted you.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• oh no not insulted at all, I just thought you thought I was asking a way to do it without washing. I do soak them and i boil the nipples, tubes, and tan tops!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 4:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009