Mobile Homes: What do you think of people who live in them? Reason I'm asking, listed in details

Reason I am asking: I would like to watch a couple kids from my home for extra cash. I stay home with my children. I have lots of nanny experience and excellent references. I live in a mobile home. It's nice and always clean. Someone told me that people won't even consider bringing their kids to me because I live in a trailer and I must be trailer trash. So what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It doesn't matter where you live, when interviewing for a person to watch my son, we went with the personality. It should only matter how well they are going to take care of your baby, not where they live.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i think if someone is that shallow then you dont want them in your home anyways
    Anonymous

• i live in a double wide mobile home. and if someone has a problem with that then they can go out the same door that they came in. i don't judge people from where they live. God is the only judge. and if you are trailer trash then i guess so am i, and proud of it. don't let anyone put you down. life is to short to put up with b.s. like that!
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think that person has only seen T.V. renditions of trailer parks as opposed to actual Mobile Estates. There is a difference...where I live, they might as well be huge houses..the owner demands every house look a certain way and your yard a certain way...and she doesn't deal with riff raff or low class people. Even the kids have to adhere to her rules. And she is Nazi like in her controlling of our Park. You would think it was some gated community with city ordinances to deal with.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If you keep your home nice, clean, and take pride in its appearance inside and out. Who cares what type of house it is.

I have seen people in regular homes who's trash piles up in the yard and they havent mowed in months. In fact one of those type homes is on our road.

The house itself is quite nice, but the people just trash it. I would love to see the inside. lol

Dont let someone who is that shallow bother you ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• yeah, people shouldnt judge books by their cover...mobile homes are awsome in my book...always trying to get the SO to buy one.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think that the first house I ever had on my own wad a trailer. Its just a stereotype thats not always off the mark. For some living in a trailer is the cheapest option. Some people live there because they like it or they strived fro it and take care of it, And others live there cause they dont work and that is all they can afford. Those are often the trash and can be spotted pretty quickly. I'm sure your home is beautiful and you should be proud tp open it up to care for little noes. Good luck.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 4:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thanks everyone. I hadn't even posted any ads yet becase I was too afraid due to some comments I was given by "friends". I think I will give it a try. I am just looking to make a little extra cash, help others out, and give my toddler a playmate. Plus being a child care provider is what I love.
    Anonymous

• Good response Anon! I feel as long as my children are happy with whomever are watching them, it does not matter where you live. As long as they are getting excellent care. Just because you live in a trailer, that does not mean you are trailer trash. I have seen some very wealthy people that did not have any class. I have more class in my pinkie finger than they will ever have in their entire lives. Like Anon stated, if they are that shallow do not bother with them.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 4:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We live in a mobile home and we are happy. It's a home for our kids and we can afford the mortgage. The park is nice and clean and quiet. It's our home that's what matters....
    Anonymous