Used 'Spark People' to lose weight?

I've just read someone recommending 'SparkPeople.com' to lose weight but they didn't say what it is or how it's done. I've checked out the website but can't tell what it is all about. I can tell it's free though (great!).
Can anyone give me more ideas about this? Is it any good? How quickly do you lose weight? Does it expect you to take suppliments?
I'd be grateful for any info. Thanks!

AllCosyInside

Asked by AllCosyInside at 4:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I love SparkPeople. I really only use the nutrition tracker to keep track of calories, etc and I use the fitness tracker to track what I am doing for cardio, and strength training. They also have features that help you set goals and there are groups (like on CM) that you can join to help find support or just discuss what interests you most. It's really helped get me stay on track. There is no set diet plan or anything and they expect only what you are willing to put into it. It is really just a site to find support (like CM) and to set goals and a place for resources about healthy eating and fitness. It's not a "quick fix" though. They will only let you set a weight goal where you lose 2 lbs per week (or something like that). The rest is all up to you though. It's mainly for support, etc.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 11, 2009