Cell phones?

What cell phone company are you with? What is your plan and how much do you pay? Do you have just one phone or two or three?

The reason I ask is my cell is with verizon and my bill is always way to high and they have no plans that will work with our needs. I looked at t-mobile and there plans look good for us. So how about some different opinions?

Deb79

Asked by Deb79 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well I have Verizon, so I'm no help to you. I would go to the different carriers' websites and compare the different plans. Some people that respond to your question may have plans that no longer exist for new customers.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm with Sprint. We have two phones but not a family plan. Dh has Nextel but they are merged with Sprint now so...I pay $39.99 plus $10 for unlimite web access and 1000 txt msgs. I pay another $5 for unlimted mobile to mobile with other sprint/nextel customers. I get 400 min. Free nights and weekends start at 7pm.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have cellular south. I pay $60/month for unlimited local calling && unlimited text. I also have caller ID, call waiting, && voicemail. I don't need long distance, but I've heard they have good plans for that as well.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have AT & T. Family plan with three lines, unlimited text and 1 data package for 118.00 per month.
    Anonymous

• I have had cingular (now at&T) since 2003. We have two phones on a family plan. $1400.00 minutes and i pay $120.00/ month. That includes a text plan for my line . It is more it i use directory assistance of buy ringtones and crap but this about the norm. What i like it that we get rollover minutes that accumulate so if we go over one month we would use our rollover minutes and not be charged as long as we have them. I have verizon before i got them and my bill was too high when it was just me. But i know a lot of people that swear by them and don't like at&t but that isn't me. And around here t-mobile doesn't have good coverage. We live in the country when you get into the city it is good though and there plans are reasonable too. Just check out a coverage map for your address with them . Good Luck
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Have you ever thought about pre paid? You don't have to worry about going over your minutes or being charged extra or having to pay late charges if you don't pay the bill on time. You pay for what you need and that's it!
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I've worked with AT&T (before and after the Cingular merger) and Helio (which is now part of Virgin Mobile). I've never had to really pay for a cell phone since I used to work for them. I have had Sprint, but my bill was never what the plan said it was every month, and my bill ended up being ridiculously high. Their service was pretty good though, from what I remember. My phone worked just about everywhere.

Now that I'm out of a job, we use MagicJack for our home phone and my DF has MetroPCS. Metro is growing in a lot of places! It used to be in certain areas. I am thinking of getting them too because it's unlimited minutes/texting/etc, everything and the bill is the same every month.

Although our MagicJack is hooked up through the computer, it can be such a pain sometimes! All of the computer crashes and restarts mean that the phone has to be restarted and reconnected too... Ugh. I can't wait to get a cell phone!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ThaMce....we also have magicjack and it sux big time I told hubby we might as well not even have a house phone I have AT&T cell phones 4 lines family plan unlimited text and multimedia, roll over minutes ,, 550 min. a month free nights and weekends but we never go over because almost everyone we talk to has AT&T also.Our bill is 130.00 a month
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have T-Mobile and it works great! I was with AT&T (Cingular) for about 8 years and then switched to T-Mobile on a Family plan because all of my family/extended family was on it. The plan that I'm on has FIVE people and we share 1000 minutes, plus we all have unlimited texting. I think we pay around $120/mo. That's with ALL the taxes and fees too. I know there are smaller minute plans. Also two of my other family members are on an Unlimited minute plan that they share. It works for all of us to share minutes because none of the minutes count to talk to each other.
    HTH!
    justkima

Answer by justkima at 10:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• See we had verizon and they said that it was free to talk to people in our network, but that is not true unless you contact customer service and ask for that feature. SO I had 700 minutes shared with DH and went over to 1300 minutes and now there charging me 400. dollars. When the most of my calls are people in our network. So I think I like t-mobile better, there plan was 1800 minutes two phones for 99.00 a month and two awesome phones.
    Deb79

Answer by Deb79 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 12, 2009