baby einstein

Are babies really interested in baby einstien movies or is it a waste of money??

Asked by Rohrig at 4:15 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son LOVES his Baby Einstein collection! He learned how to say "cow" and "cat" and what noises they make. He sings along with the melody and has a great time. I recommend them but I know that every child is different. My bff's kids won't watch anything but disney movies! So buy one at Best Buy or something and see if your baby is interested. Mozart was my sons favorite when he was an infant :)

Answer by adeuslove07 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Both my girls LOVED the Baby Einstein movies! If you are worried that your baby won't like it, you might check and see if you can borrow it from your local library or rent it from Blockbuster. Then you can see which ones your baby will like more and just buy those.

Answer by christinaliu at 4:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Many babies really are interested in them. Just like kids are really interested in ice cream, candy, and soda, however, kids do not always know what is good for them. I think the Baby Einstein movies are junky brain candy. Just a bunch of spinning toys set to music. There are a few Brainy Baby videos that are truly educational, a music DVD called Trebellina that is amazing (teaches babies to read music), and a foreign anguage series called Muzzy that is great when the kids a a little bit older (like two). Brainy Baby and Trebellina are just as interesting toa baby but do not have the advertising dollars that Baby Einstein does. Good luck.

• My son hated those movies. However he really
    liked Little Einstein the cartoon.

Answer by IfLoveWasBorn at 4:58 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Our son LOVES them- we got him his first Baby Einstein dvd when he was 6 months old- and they're his favorite things ever. He's watched other kids programs and showed little interest- but he hears the Baby Einstein songs start on tv and gets delighted. He laughs and interacts with it like nothing else. I was skeptical too at first- but he's made a believer out of me! I highly reccomend them!

Answer by brighteyes07 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• here is a link to a TIME magazine article on them..,8599,1650352,00.html

Answer by Lynette at 6:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Mine have always love love loved them. My three year old still asks to watch them from time to time.

Answer by MistressBubs at 8:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son loves the baby Einstein movies. And now he's 2 1/2 and is hooked on the noggin channel it is a channel for preschool kids and he watchs it from sunup to sundown. He has learned alot from it as well.

Answer by talbertchica2 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my son loves them! his fav is baby Galileo. 2nd is baby Neptune and santas music box (even though its now xmas any more)

Answer by shetibo at 3:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2008