Would you pay for an Organizer?

How many people would be willing to pay to have someone come in and organize your home? Of course, you would have to buy the supplies to help with the organization but what would you expect to pay someone to come into your home to organize your household? I was thinking about maybe making this a business because I love organizing things and people's homes. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Homemommy0503

Asked by Homemommy0503 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• hey i was thinking of doing the same thing. i'm not good at organizing my own home but organized my mothers office. i get frustrated seeing my work demolished my family. they never ever put things away. i wondered how much i would pay. at first i wouldn't charge that much just to build up the business but once i got busy i would charge more. supply and demand things you know. i'm a cheapo so i would charge what i think would be reasonable for me. of course also depending on the job. i think i would charge like $15 per hour and that would be for a small office and filing drawer organizing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• There are a couple of women in one of my networking group who are professional organizers and seem to do well.
    Start with a business plan, and run with it!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• OMG so weird i was just thinking about this myself the other day i need an organizer i suck at keeping things neat and tidy i buy all this stuff so i can organize then i never do it. i would pay about 150 to have someone organize my house i know thats alot to some people and it is to me too but having a nice tidy house with a place for everything is just so nice. to give you an idea i live in a apartment with 2 bedrooms a big living room and kitchen and bathroom (kinda small bathroom) so thats what i woudl be willing to pay for someone to organize a ahouse that size
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 5:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ha ha That is too funny. Do you live in KY? I'll come and organize for you! ha ha I really don't know how much people would charge to do something like that so I don't know how much is too much. I love doing things like that though! Thank you both so much for your answers! I appreciate them both!
    Homemommy0503

Answer by Homemommy0503 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• No. I'd be the one getting paid to come in and organize your house! I use to clean and organize people's houses about 19 yrs. ago and I charged $11.00 an hour back then. Now I'd charge $25.00-$50.00 an hr. depending on the job.
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I use to do that actually after I got out of the military but before I had kiddos.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thank you all so much for your answers! Everyone is giving me a good idea on this subject. I just have one question for sk tennyson, how much did you charge for your services? I don't want to start something like this and not be able to get it up and going because I charge too much...ha ha Not a good way to start! Thanks to everyone!
    Homemommy0503

Answer by Homemommy0503 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 12, 2009